Here is an overview of how telehealth works on TheraPlatform and how to set up your patient for telehealth sessions.
1. If you haven't yet, start with adding the patient (client) to your caseload under Clients. You'll need a valid email for your client when you add the client so our system can invite the client to telehealth sessions.
2. When you add a client to your caseload, our system will email the client a welcome email. In this email, we welcome your client to TheraPlatform and ask the client to set a password.
3. Whenever you're ready, schedule a telehealth session for this client on the calendar by selecting Schedule. When you schedule, be sure to select the telehealth location that applies to this client.
4. After you schedule the session, your client will receive an email notification about the scheduled telehealth session.
5. In addition to email notifications, our system will email your client 10 minutes before the scheduled time. In this email, the client will see a secure link to the telehealth session. The client can then click on this link and you (the clinician) will see a pop-up box on your end when the client is in the waiting room (waiting for you to start the session). To connect to the session, you can click on Start Meeting in the pop-up box. This will start the session and you will be able to see the client.
Note: If you schedule a telehealth session at the last minute, let's say 5 minutes before the scheduled time, the client will not receive the email reminder as the system needs at least 11 minutes before the session to send the 10 minutes reminder. However, the client will receive an email notification about this scheduled meeting. In this case, when they click on the link in the email notification, they will be asked to enter the email address and password and log in to the Client Portal to join. If the client never set up a password, the client can click the Forgot password link to set the password.
Once the client logs in via the provided link, the client can click on the Join Scheduled option. The client can find the scheduled telehealth session and click on that meeting to join.
A good practice for new clients who will be participating in telehealth sessions is to check that they have all the necessary technology for telehealth and ideally, have them run a test setup. Here is an article explaining what technology is needed and how to run a test before a telehealth session.